Sunday, May 2, 2010

Final Blog for May 2nd

1.What I have learned in EDM 310...
I do use Skype, posting movies on youtube, using youtube, using itunes which i like doing now, Google Earth, and Twitter. I have learned how to blog. However, I am not a big fan of it; it does make finding out what is out there and telling how you feel about the different teaching processes. Skype makes my life easier. I can use it for personal use like talking to my friend in Iraq or I can use it for a professional stand point like finding out information in a more one on one way.
2. Not really.
3. No
4. Yes, the Sykpe with Ms. Kelly did really excite me. She had very insightful views. I loved her advice and her ways of teaching. Also, I liked doing our interviews as a Youtube video. The McNorton kids were amazing. It excited me to teach them how to step up and start a blog. And I loved hearing Marianne Lane's aunt opinions on technology in the classroom. She was a very sweet and intelligent woman.
5.Yes it was. This class was one of the hardest classes at south because of the work load and having to figure most of it out on our own. However, I do believe I have become less dependent on teachers and trying to figure things in all classes on my own.
6. NO
7. I do feel overworked. I think that if we used to class time to show something like a blog of the week and tried to come up with a good blog as a whole, I think I would have liked that. It would have made class time more sufficient.
8. I think that I am more technology literate due to this class. I do think that I need to learn more. I believe I am at a medium level.
9. Well I do want to be more technology literate. I have decided to change my major. So, I will try and find a way to use it in my new field.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honest reflection Cara.

    The idea of doing sort of a community blog is interesting.

    I'm glad you feel more tech. literate and I certainly hope you can use these tools in your new field. Best wishes, SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...a blog of the week" Interesting idea. But my implementation would probably be different from the one you suggest.

    "...a blog of the week" Good. That will be important as you go through life. You will be required to learn on your own. As I wrote in a comment to another student: "I have NEVER taken a single class related to technology. Ever. I have never take a single course in a College of Education. Ever. All I have learned about either is the result of experience. Experience is the very best teacher of all."

    ReplyDelete